The time has come, and you’re getting ready to go out charter boat fishing in Pensacola, FL. But what exactly do you need to do to prepare for your excursion?
The good news is that you won’t have to pack nearly as much as you would for any other type of fishing trip by yourself or with friends. For example, our charter boat company will take care of all the licenses, rods, reels, tackle, bait and ice—that takes a whole lot of weight (literally and figuratively) off your shoulders!
So if you don’t have to worry about most of the basic fishing gear, what do you still need to do to make sure you’re ready for your excursion? Here are some tips.
Wear the right clothes
Always wear layers. On the ocean, it’s likely to be up to 20 degrees cooler than it is on land, but the conditions can also change quickly. Make sure you can be comfortable at a wide range of temperatures. Shorts and t-shirts are fine when the weather is particularly hot, but make sure you at least have a hoodie or windbreaker you can put on top.
Make sure you have appropriate shoes for a boat. Hard-soled shoes are not acceptable, as they can scuff up the boat deck. Instead, wear flat, non-slip boat shoes, deck boots or other similar types of shoes. We do not recommend flip-flops or sandals.
If you’re bringing kids along, make sure they have a change of clothes as well—kids always know how to get wet or dirty!
Bring some additional items
While we will provide a lot of important basic items for your use, there are some other items you’re going to want to bring with you. These include:
- Cash, so you can pay for some items on the boat or tip your boat staff
- Sunblock, preferably at least 30 SPF, which you should use to thoroughly cover any exposed skin (especially your face, neck and ears)
- Hats or sunglasses to help keep the sun out of your eyes
- A camera so you can capture all the memories you make during the day, including your big catch
- Water or snacks as you see fit
- An ice chest that you’ll leave in your vehicle so you can easily transport your fish home without having to worry about it going bad
- Medication for seasickness; even if you don’t have a history of seasickness, it never hurts to have some medication on hand
There are certain items you should not bring, including alcohol, weapons or fireworks of any sort. You can bring special tackle if you want, but it is unnecessary—we have everything you’ll need during the course of the day for the actual fishing part of the excursion.
For more information about how to prepare for charter boat fishing in Pensacola, FL, contact the team at Entertainer Charters, LLC today. We look forward to taking you and your family or friends out on the water!
Categorised in: Fishing Trips